Joining Wireless Network with Airport Express
I have an existing wireless network with a 3rd party router. I tried to connect Airport Express; everything worked fine using the Airport Utility, except that after updating the configuration and Airport Express restarted, it could not be detected anymore.
- Plug in Airport Express to a power source.
- Reset Airport Express by pressing the reset button. (We have to wait until the LED light flashes.)
- Connect Airport Express to the router with via ethernet.
- Connect to the wireless network provided by Airport Express. (The network name looks like “Airport Base Station …”)
- Using Airport Utility, set up Airport Express so that it joins the wireless network we already had.
- Wait until Airport Utility reports that the update was successful.
- Disconnect the ethernet cable from Airport Express. We’re done.